In this article you will learn about how to update NVIDIA drivers for best performance. There are many methods to update NVIDIA drivers lets check them out. NVIDIA graphics cards are strong right out of the box. Still, by updating the drivers, you will not only improve the performance of your computer and games, but you will also ensure that your PC remains compatible with other peripherals. Here’s everything you want to know about updating NVIDIA drivers.
Know Your Graphics Card Model
Before you begin, you should know which NVIDIA graphics card is installed on your computer. The model name should be printed on the box in which the card is packaged.
However, there is another way to obtain that information via the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
- Type DXDIAG into the Run (Windows + R) window.
- Choose if your system is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- That information will come in handy later.
- The solution can be found on the System tab, under Operating System.
- Navigate to the Display tab.
- Take note of the information provided under Chip Type.
- That’s your NVIDIA graphics card in action.
Manually Updating NVIDIA
If you want to update NVIDIA manually, you must first download the most recent drivers from their website. The installer will then be run, and the old driver will be overwritten. Here’s how it works:
- Navigate to NVIDIA GeForce Driver Download.
- Perform a manual search for the driver.
- To narrow down your options, use the drop-down menu.
- Download the most recent version of the required driver.
- When download is complete, run the installer to begin the update.
Note: Before updating any drivers, we recommend creating a backup. That way, if anything gets wrong, you can run System Restore and go back in time.
If you’re still not sure which NVIDIA graphic card you have installed, you can use the Auto-Detect Your GPU feature located just below Manual Driver Search.
Updating Using GeForce Experience
The GeForce Experience program works in conjunction with your NVIDIA driver. GeForce was built to do various things, such as video capture, screenshots, live streams, and driver updates. Also read Free Online Gaming Websites
- Download GeForce Experience from the official website.
- Once installed, run the application.
- To continue, you will be asked to sign in.
- If you don’t already have an account, click Create Account and fill out the online form.
- Otherwise, enter your login information or sign in with Google, Facebook, WeChat, or QQ.
- After you’ve logged in, go to the Drivers tab.
- Download and install all available drivers that you may require.
Updating Using Windows Updates
- NVIDIA will occasionally release updates alongside Windows updates.
- Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update (Windows + I).
- To see if any NVIDIA or Windows updates are available, click Check for Updates.
- If applicable, click Download.
- If your PC is up to date, Windows will notify you. Also check How to Fix a Stuck Windows 10 Update
Please keep in mind that some updates take a lengthy note to complete. Furthermore, critical updates will almost certainly necessitate a restart of your computer once or twice. So, if you’re updating the NVIDIA graphics driver via Windows Updates, save your work and stop working until the updates are installed.
It would be preferable to perform a manual backup if you run problems while updating drivers. Windows will typically take a snapshot before installing any driver updates if System Restore is enabled.
One Comment to “Update NVIDIA Drivers for Best Performance”