This article will explains how to open RAR files in Windows 11 or 10. A complete guide on extracting .rar files on Windows 11 and best third party softwares to open RAR files on Windows. The question is can Windows 11/10 open RAR files? The answer is Yes, Windows 11/10 can open RAR files on your PC. RAR files, like any other compressed file, are proprietary archive files that enable data compression, error recovery and file spanning. While RAR files can be opened with Windows 11/10, they are not supported by default. To extract all of the files and directories contained within a RAR file, we must use third-party free compression software. Windows do not recognize the RAR file format by default.
If you think about why another compression technology was required, keep reading. It’s all about functionality. The principal software, RAR Lab, which can manage RAR files, provides a plethora of features such as improved compression, the functionality to divide compressed files and then rejoin them, increased security, etc.
You can download and unarchive the software from RAR Lab, but it continues pushing you to purchase it. 7-Zip is a superior option. All supported are WIM files, RAR5 archives, UEFI BIOS files, ext2/ext3/ext4 images, GPT, VMDK, VDI images, and single file QCOW2.
Open RAR Files on Windows 10/11
1. Get and install 7-Zip.
2. Navigate to the location of your.rar file and right-click it.
3. Look for a contextual menu labeled “7-Zip.”
4. Hover your cursor over it, then select Extract files.
5. In the following window, you can choose a path.
6. If the RAR file is password-protected, enter it here, as well as any other choices.
Your RAR file has now been extracted.
Other Free Software To Open RAR Files
1. Extract Now, The most significant advantage of utilizing this software is that it can swiftly and efficiently extract the contents of several archive files – all at the same time.
2. PeaZip is a free RAR unarchiver for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and BSD that includes graphical user software. It works with both old and new RAR file types.
3. RAR Opener is a Windows Store application that can open popular archives such as RAR, 7Z, ZIP, TAR, LZH, etc.
4. The Unarchiver is a free software unarchiver for RAR and other compressed file formats.
5. You may also use these free Microsoft Store programs to extract RAR files on Windows 10.
- Cool File Viewer
- Rar Zip Extractor Pro
- 9 ZIP
- RAR Opener
- UnRar Windows
- 8 Zip
- RAR Extractor
- Free ZIP RAR Extractor
- Any Zip
As a result, it is possible to open RAR files on Windows 10 for free without paying anything. However, you will probably miss the original software’s enhanced functionality. So, the free choices will suffice unless you require expert management, creation, and splitting of RAR files.
Which App works best with RAR files on Windows 11/10?
WinZip, WinRAR, PeaZip, and 7-Zip are some of the best utilities for opening RAR files on Windows.
Why is it that Windows cannot open RAR files?
You would be unable to open RAR files due to one of the following factors:
1. The RAR file at issue is corrupted or incorrect.
2. There is no software on your computer that can open or support RAR files.
So, This is our article on how to open RAR files in Windows. Also read our article on how to fix Windows 11 Search Not Working.