This article is about how to fix Mobile Hotspot not working on Windows 11? Here we detailed discuss the 8 best possible ways to fix this issue. Mobile Hotspot is a helpful application that allows you to share your computer’s internet connection with other wireless devices. As handy as it is, the mobile hotspot in Windows 11 can act up and cease working at times.
8 Best Ways To Fix Mobile Hotspot Not Working on Windows 11
The issue might be caused by incorrectly installed configurations, obsolete drivers, or antivirus software. Whatever the situation may be, the troubleshooting solutions listed below should assist you in dealing with mobile hotspot difficulties on Windows 11. So, let’s get started.
1. Start the Network Adapter Troubleshooter
Windows 11 has troubleshooters for identifying and repairing different computer problems. As a result, you should start with the Network Adapter troubleshooter and let it fix the mobile hotspot issue for you.
1. To open the Windows Search, press Windows key + S, type troubleshoot settings and press Enter.
2. Navigate to Troubleshooters.
3. Scroll down and find Network Adapter, then click the Run icon next to it to begin troubleshooting.
2. Disable Bluetooth
At times, the Bluetooth connection on your PC has been known to interfere with the mobile hotspot. As a result, you should turn Bluetooth to see if it helps. This is how.
1. To open Settings, press Windows key + I.
2. Navigate to Bluetooth & devices in the left pane and turn off the switch next to Bluetooth.
3. Disable Antivirus Software
In the interest of protection, antivirus software on your PC may potentially disable the mobile hotspot. To rule out that option, disable your antivirus software on your PC and try utilizing the mobile hotspot again. If it works, you’ll need to go into your antivirus program‘s settings and disable the setting causing the issue.
If the problem persists, follow the steps in this guide to fix mobile Hotspot not working issue on Windows 11.
4. Start using the Mobile Hotspot Service
The Mobile Hotspot service is a little software that must work in the background for the hotspot to work. This service should ideally start every time you turn on the mobile hotspot. If it doesn’t work, you may start it manually by following the steps below.
1. Open the Start menu, type services into the search box, and press Enter.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find Windows Mobile Hotspot Services. Right-click on it and choose Start from the option that appears.
Check if the mobile hotspot is still operational.
5. Examine the Network Adapter
Whether the problem persists, you’ll need to check your PC’s network adapter settings to see if the problem is with them. This is how.
1. To open Settings, press Windows key + I. Go to the Network and internet option on the left, then to Advanced network settings.
2. After that, click More network adapter choices. This will open the Network Connections window.
3. Right-click your mobile hotspot’s network adapter to open its Properties.
4. Uncheck the box next to ‘Allow other network users to connect using this computer’s Internet connection’ under Sharing.
5. Before utilizing the hotspot again, restart your computer to fix mobile Hotspot not working issue.
6. Install the latest Wi-Fi drivers
The drivers on your PC are automatically updated with each Windows update. However, if you haven’t updated your PC in a while, the mobile hotspot issue might be caused by out-of-date Wi-Fi drivers. Here’s how to do it manually.
1. To access the Windows Search, press Windows key + S. Search box will appear type ‘device manager’ and press Enter.
2. Enable the Network adaptor. Select Update driver from menu when you right-click on the WiFi driver.
Then, to upgrade Wi-Fi drivers on PC, follow the on-screen directions.
7. Modify the Windows Registry
If the mobile hotspot troubles continue to annoy you, you may try modifying the Windows Registry files on your PC.
Before you begin, it’s necessary to understand that registry files are essential to the Windows operating system. As a result, you should start with care and set aside time ahead of time to backup your registry information.
1. To open the Run dialogue, press Windows key + R. Enter regedit into the search press.
2. Navigate to the following key using the address bar at the top:
3. Locate HostedNetworkSettings on your right. Right-click it and choose Delete.
After that, restart your PC and see whether you can now utilize a mobile hotspot.
8. Reset Network settings
If the above mentioned ways are not working then you may have to reset your PC’s existing network settings as a final option to fix mobile Hotspot not working issue. It will uninstall all network adapters and reset all network settings to their default values. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, network adapters, and Ethernet are examples. Resetting network settings should assist if incorrect settings cause the issue.
1. To open the Settings app, press Windows key + I, navigate the Network & Internet page and click on Advanced network settings.
2. In the More settings section, click Network reset.
3. Finally, click the Reset now option next to Network reset.
Wait for the process to complete before rebooting your computer to see if that addresses the issue.
It shouldn’t take long to resolve Mobile hotspot difficulties on Windows. Running the troubleshooter or upgrading the network adapter driver would resolve the issue in most circumstances.