Are you also experiencing the Discord screen share no audio issue? So, here’s a quick fix for discord screen sharing no sound.
Discord, which was initially designed for in-game calls and texts, has evolved into a fantastic way for friends and communities to connect virtually.
Given the current situation, it is a VoIP-based application that has done an excellent job of bringing people closer together virtually.
It has recently added group video call features to its functionality, which has enabled screen sharing.
Though it’s a great feature, screen sharing frequently causes audio issues on Discord, and many users are concerned about it.
Are you in contact with other users who are experiencing the same issue?
Do you frequently experience a lack of audio when sharing your screen on Discord?
Without a doubt, Discord is a fantastic platform for gaming and communication.
Nonetheless, it frequently provides audio issues while sharing your screen, leaving you in a quandary of possible causes.
You can hear your friends’ voices but not your own when you try to share your screen for some reason.
Have you ever been in a situation where you couldn’t figure out the problem or the solution to a similar concern?
Are you still perplexed as to what might have gone wrong?
Don’t be concerned. You’ve arrived at your destination. We were in a similar situation not long ago, and after thorough research, we discovered some practical methods for dealing with such issues.
We will introduce you to all of these potential solutions and provide a detailed and step-by-step description of each.
So, please set your concerns aside and prepare to understand the solution. Hopefully, all of these techniques will be as beneficial to you as they were to us.
Let’s get this party started.
Best Ways To Fix Discord No Audio Issue
How to fix discord audio screen share, Here we discussed 13 Best ways to FIX no sound on discord screen share.
The most practical solution we found was manually adding the discord application window no sound.
Discord, according to us, can easily detect the game or application you’re using and then pick up the audio.
Although some applications, particularly those that have been updated, do not allow this, Discord offers the option to do it manually.
The option to add manually can be found on your Discord’s Game activity page.
Let’s go over the steps you should take when carrying out the necessary remedy.
- To begin, open your Discord and ensure that the microphone is turned on, as this is required to hear audio in discord screen share.
- Select the settings option. On the sidebar, select the option of Game Activity.
- You can now see a blue button labeled ‘Add It.’ Click on it. A dropdown box should have appeared now; click on it and select the application for which audio is not working.
- Finally, see if it’s working now. If not, check to see if your Enable in-game option is enabled, and if not, enable it by going back to the settings option.
2. Manually Update Your Discord
You can always try to update an app if it isn’t working correctly, and the same is true for Discord; if it’s not working correctly, update it.
Perhaps the problem is caused by an old version of Discord, and a new updated version may resolve the issue on its own.
Let’s go over the steps for updating Discord on Windows and getting the desired results.
- Click the start button in the bottom left corner of your screen, and then type Run into the search bar.
Then, select the Run option.
- Enter %localappdata% in the Run box and then press OK.
- Then, from the list of available options, choose Discord.
- To begin the update, double-click Update.exe.
- After the update is complete, relaunch Discord to see if the problem has been resolved or if it persists.
If your problems persist, let’s try something different to fix discord no sound.
3. A Known Discord Issue
Discord had identified and addressed the same issue of no audio during screen sharing.
Discord discovered that the primary cause of the problem was internal changes in Google Chrome’s audio
infrastructure, resulting in Discord audio.
If you’ve already updated your app using the second solution in this article, you can use the procedure outlined below, recommended by Discord.
The first step is to refresh your Discord app by pressing CTRL and R simultaneously or command +R on Mac OS.
Restart your Google Chrome browser.
It is pretty common to discover users who have not relaunched their browsers in a long time. Try it; it might solve your problem.
Try screen sharing again and see if your problem has been resolved.
4. Stop ShadowPlay
NVIDIA share was previously known as NVIDIA ShadowPlay.
NVIDIA-powered computers were introduced to record live streaming and gameplay.
To access NVIDIA settings, search for it in the taskbar and click on it.
NVIDIA Share’s concern is that it slightly reduces game performance while also introducing several video and audio issues while sharing the screen on Discord.
You should temporarily disable NVIDIA Share to see if it can be a solution to your problem.
The steps below will guide you through successfully accessing the NVIDIA setting and turning it off for the time being.
- Go to your Windows search menu and type in GeForce Experience, and then click on it when it appears.
- Then, on the GeForce Experience, click on the settings button in the upper right corner.
- You should now be able to see the share option on the general tab, which you can turn off to disable NVIDIA Share.
- As always, restart your Discord app to see if the issue has been resolved. Hope this method will helps you a lot to fix no sound discord screen share issue.
5. Reinstall the Audio Drivers
Audio drivers, in essence, allow your operating system to communicate with the audio devices on the same computer.
If your audio driver is out of date or has a flaw, it can cause a breakdown in communication between the operating system and the audio device.
As a result, a faulty audio driver could be the source of your no audio issue on Discord.
Usually, audio drivers are updated along with Windows, but there is a chance that audio drivers will not be updated with Windows.
To avoid no audio when screen sharing discord, you should update your Windows regularly.
Let’s take a look at how to reinstall your audio drivers on Windows.
- Click on the start button in the bottom left corner of Windows and type Run into the search bar, or press the windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Then, select the Run option.
- Enter devmgmt.msc and press the OK button.
- The Device Manager would now appear, and you’d need to look for the audio input and output options.
- After you’ve located the correct option, right-click on it and select uninstall.
- Because you recently uninstalled audio drivers, you can right-click anywhere on the screen and scan for hardware changes.
- As you uninstalled it, your device will attempt to reinstall it.
- After reinstalling the audio driver, right-click on the Audio input and output option and update the driver for reassurance.
- If your computer cannot find a new driver, you can search for audio drivers for your device and download the drivers from the official website of your device’s manufacturer.
Check to see if this method solved your problem; if not, please try the methods listed below.
6. Reset Discord’s Voice Settings
There could be an issue with your Discord’s voice settings.
As a result, it’s always a good idea to check and reset the voice settings on Discord.
Let’s go over the steps you can take to get to your desired solution.
- Open the Discord app and go to the settings tab.
- Now, in the settings, there may be several options on the sidebar; select Voice and video.
- Then scroll down and try to find Reset voice settings, and when you see it, click on it.
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to reset your audio option, and you should click Okay.
- After that, relaunch your Discord application and share your screen to see if the problem persists.
7. Clear Cache and Roaming Data on Discord
Discord saves your priorities using Cache and Roaming data to make your experience more convenient and smooth.
However, it can become tainted and cause various issues with the functionality of the Discord application.
Clearing Cache and roaming data, like other applications, effectively resolve the issue of no audio while sharing screens on Discord.
To alleviate any confusion, we’d like to point out that clearing cache or roaming does not delete any of your data or affect your Discord experience in any way.
Clearing cache and roaming data are completely safe.
Let’s take a look at how to clear your Discord’s cache and roaming data:
- First and foremost, if your Discord application is already open, make sure it is not running in the background.
You can check it on the taskbar; if there’s a discord icon there, right-click on it and select Quit Discord.
- Then, click the Start button and type Run into it.
- Select the Run option.
- Now, type percent AppData percent into Run and press the Okay button.
- Then a Roaming directory will appear; look for the Discord folder and, once found, right-click on it and select the option to delete.
- Finally, restart your device and, once it has restarted, relaunch the Discord application.
Check to see if you can now hear audio while sharing your screen on Discord. If not, continue reading.
8. Check Your Microphone
It goes without saying that if the microphone you’re using or the inbuilt microphone in your device isn’t working correctly, it won’t be able to pick up your audio.
As a result, you must check to see if your microphone is working correctly.
The second thing to check is whether or not you have granted discord permission to use your microphone.
As a result, enabling microphone access on your device is required.
Let’s take a look at how you can do it on your windows.
- Go to your device’s settings and select privacy.
- Select Microphone from the sidebar under app permission.
- Then, toggle the switch to allow access to a specific app, in this case, Discord.
Try sharing your screen with audio again and see if your problem has been resolved.
9. Restart your Computer
Restarting your device is one of the first things you do when you have a problem with it.
The same is true for the lack of audio on Discord.
No offense, but it’s relatively common to leave your computer or device open for days at a time, and during that time, it may encounter bugs, and updates may appear to address those bugs.
The same Windows updates can fix your audio issues while sharing the screen.
So, shut down your computer, restart it, and then relaunch the Discord application and see if it works.
You might be surprised to learn how simple it was to solve such a complex problem.
If not, your device had been requesting a shutdown for a long time. Other issues may be resolved without your knowledge.
10. Reinstall Discord
Another simple way to solve an application-related problem is to uninstall it and then reinstall it.
The same is true for Discord; reinstalling it may solve your issue for discord screen share no audio chrome.
Don’t worry; uninstalling Discord will not erase any of your data or chats because it is stored on the Discord servers.
Let’s look at how to reinstall Discord on Windows:
- First, navigate to the Windows start button and press the Enter key.
- When you type the control panel into the search box, the option will appear; select it.
- Then, locate the program option in the control panel and click on the Uninstall a program link.
- You will now see a list of programs; select Discord and right-click on it to uninstall it.
- You can now follow the on-screen instructions and let the installation process finish.
- Finally, you can reinstall the Discord application by visiting its official website.
Check to see if this method works for you, and if not, don’t be concerned. Just keep reading.
11. Check Discord Logs
If you’ve tried all of the above solutions and your problem persists, there’s a good chance that it’s happening to everyone on Discord.
So, to be sure that it is not just your problem, you can do the following:
- You can check the record status page to see if the server is down for maintenance.
- You can do the same thing by visiting the website status.discord.com.
- The second best way to find out about Discord’s status is to follow them on Twitter @discord and check for real-time updates.
- Finally, you can contact their customer support system and describe your issue to determine the root cause.
The link is provided below, which will take you directly to their customer support page.
- If the issue isn’t just yours, the most reasonable thing you can do is wait.
It would help if you waited for a while. As a result, that discord can resolve the issue from their end, and you can then enjoy their service.
12. Use Window Mode
This is yet another simple and effective solution for the issue of no audio while sharing your screen on Discord.
You can temporarily solve the problem by not sharing your screen in full-screen mode.
What you could do is look for the window mode setting in the game settings section, obviously if you’re playing a game, and that should solve the problem.
However, if you are using Chrome or another application, you can minimize the window manually.
Simpler changes can sometimes solve a seemingly intractable problem.
If this method solves your problem, we are delighted for you; if not, check out the last way; it might be the one for you.
13. Maybe the problem is in your device
After attempting all of the methods above and confirming that the issue is not from the discord’s end, your device is the possible cause of the problem mentioned above.
Some of the system requirements you may need to have been to correctly screen share without encountering any problems.
If you want to use Discord on your desktop, you should have- Windows 7 and up MacOS 10.10.0 and up.
If you’re using Discord on a mobile device, you’ll need- Android 5 and up, iOS 10.0 and up.
Discord does not support some devices, including the Amazon Kindle.
Discord only supports devices that are pre-installed with Google Play Services.
If you are using discord as a search engine, you should have Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge 17+, or any advanced and up-to-date browser.
We hope that one of the methods mentioned above will assist you in resolving the issue of discord screenshare no audio chrome.
All of the methods listed above have been tried and tested, so we anticipate that they will assist you in resolving your issue.
Follow each step of the method you’re using and then assess whether or not it solved the problem.
If you answered yes, congratulations; Otherwise, you should use the following method.
But, If you’ve tried all of the methods and the problem persists, I recommend contacting Discord’s customer support system and explaining your situation.
They would almost certainly offer you a solution, and if not, a proper explanation of the problem’s cause.
As Discord has added new features to its functionality, they have encountered several such issues and is working to resolve them.
We anticipate that Discord will resolve all of its issues shortly, but in the meantime, you can try to resolve your issue using the methods listed above.
We wish you the best of luck and an enjoyable Discord experience.
Q. Will repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling the Discord application result in the loss of your data or chats?
Answer– No, you will never lose your data or chats if you uninstall or reinstall the Discord application because all data is stored on the Discord server.
Q. What if the computer can’t find any new audio drivers and you’ve already uninstalled the old ones?
Answer– In that case, you can search for the audio driver for your device on the official website of your device’s manufacturing company and install it from there.
Q. What should I do if none of the above solutions work?
Answer– If that’s the case, you can contact Discord’s customer support and explain your issue with how Discord works. They will undoubtedly provide you with a satisfactory solution or reason.
It’s finally here!
Hopefully, these solutions have assisted you with discord screen share, no audio chrome, or another browser. You can try these fixes on your own to see if they work for you! Please tell us which method works best for you!
Also Read: Why Are Some Files Not Appearing in Finder?