This error is typical for users to see when using the Discord application. This error might have occurred for a variety of reasons. Some of the reasons are as follows:
1. Damaged Configurations
2. Antivirus software might be reason for this error
3. Corrupt Installation
A corrupt installation causes error because it does not extract and install all system files; consequently, you must reinstall Discord on the system to fix this error.
The damaged installation of the program is one of the primary reasons for the error; thus, the user must delete Discord from the system and then reinstall it to fix this error.
Remove the Discord Appdata
Follow the following steps:
1. Press Windows + R on the keyboard to open a dialogue box. Click “%appdata%” as seen in the image below and press “OK.”
2. A folder will open. Click the “Discord” folder and press the delete button to delete all files.
3. Now, press Windows + R on the keyboard once more to open up a dialogue window. Click “%localappdata%” as seen in the image below and press “OK.”
4. A folder will open. Click the “Discord” folder and press the delete button to delete all files.
Is Discord Blocked by Your Antivirus?
Run Discord as Administrator
1. Select “Properties” from the context click when you right-click on the Discord icon.
2. A dialogue box will be shown. Click “Compatibility,” then “Run this software as an administrator.” Then click “Apply” and “OK.”
Now, double-click the icon to launch the application, and the error should be resolved. You may also try removing administrator access and relaunching the Discord application to resolve the error.
Use of Command Prompt (CMD)
Users may utilize Command Prompt to immediately run a command from the command line and update the system file. To fix the Discord error using Command Prompt, follow the procedures outlined below:
1. Go to the search box, type Command Prompt and right-click on it. As illustrated in the image below, click “Run as administrator.”
2. Enter the command “gpupdate /force” as shown below. The process of amending policies will be visible and then completed.
After the policy update is complete, you may rerun Discord to see whether the error has been resolved.
Change Startup Type of Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service
You can fix this error by adjusting the services. To fix this error, follow the instructions outlined below:
1. From the keyboard, press Windows + R, search for “services.msc,” and then click “OK,” as seen in the image below.
2. As indicated below, a window will open. Search up “Quality Windows Audio Video Experience.” Right-click the click and select “Properties.”
3. A dialogue box will be shown. Click “Stop.”
4. Now, click “Start” to resume the services, as seen in the image below.
5. Go to “Startup type” and click “Automatic,” as shown below.
6. Select “Log On” followed by “Browse.”
7. A dialogue box will appear. Type in the name “Enter the object name to select” text box with the name of your account, then click “OK.”
8. Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
This error might be caused by several factors, some of which are listed below:
- Defective Installation
- Defective configurations
- Install Discord again.
- Execute as Administrator
- Modify the Quality of Windows Audio Video Experience
3. Why am I unable to remove Discord?
The following are some of the reasons for this:
- Malware or infected files on the system.
- Incorrect installation
- Incorrect system setups