Here you will learn about how to download Windows 10 ISO without the Media Creation Tool? If you’ve ever attempted to download the Windows 10 ISO file from a Windows computer, you’ll know that it doesn’t work. It either requests that you update your current Windows version or that you download the company’s media creation tool before downloading your ISO file.
There may be times when you need to access the ISO file on your computer, but Microsoft restricts its download on Windows machines, making it difficult to obtain. There are some ways you can use to download the file to your computer. Also read How to Download Media Creation Tool for Windows 10
Download the Windows 10 ISO using a Mac or Linux Computer
If you have multiple computers with different operating systems, you can download the Windows 10 ISO file very easily. Because Microsoft only restricts downloads on Windows computers, you can get the required file on your Linux or Mac machine.
We’ve found that the download works fine on both of these non-Microsoft operating systems, and you can get the file by clicking on the download below. Also check How to Fix a Stuck Windows 10 Update
- Open your web browser on your computer. Mac users can complete the task using the Safari browser. You can also use another browser.
- If you visit the Windows 10 ISO file website, you’ll notice that it no longer redirects you to any update or media creation tool pages.
- Select Windows 10 from the Select edition dropdown menu on your screen, and then click the Confirm button beneath it.
- Pick the language in which you want your new operating system to be installed and click Confirm.
- It will present you with two different versions of the Windows 10 ISO to download to your computer. You can download either the 64-bit or 32-bit version by clicking on it.Remember that the download links are valid for 24 hours only . After that, you’ll need to repeat the preceding steps to generate new download links.
Download Windows 10 ISO Using Google Chrome
If you do not have access to a Linux or Mac machine, you can still download the Windows 10 ISO to your computer. One of these ways is to change Chrome’s user agent to pretend it isn’t running on a Windows machine.
Microsoft will not be aware that you are using a Windows computer, and you will be able to download the restricted files. This is how you do it in Google Chrome.
- Start Chrome on your computer.
- Click the three dots in the upper-right corner, then More Tools, then Developer Tools.
- Click the three-dots icon in the top-right corner of the Developer tools box, then More tools, then Network conditions.
- Select the Network conditions tab to find an option. Select the box next to the User-agent that is automatically ticked. Uncheck the box to turn off the option.
- Click Chrome – Mac from the available user agents by clicking the dropdown menu. You want to go with something other than Windows.
- Keep the Developer tools section open and navigate to the Windows 10 ISO download page.
- Now you can download the file normally. This time, it will not direct you to any pages.
Download The Windows 10 ISO File Using Firefox
If you use Firefox, you do not need to switch to Chrome to download the ISO file for Windows 10. You can also change your browser’s user agent to allow the file to be downloaded to your computer. This is how it is done in Mozilla Firefox.
- Start Firefox on your computer.
- Go to the Windows 10 ISO page and leave it open.
- Select Web Developer, then Inspector by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner. It will open up the browser’s inspection tool.
- When it opens, click the Responsive Design Mode icon, which has a phone and a tablet behind it.
- A new dropdown menu will appear beneath the address bar. Select a non-Windows device, such as the iPhone X/XS, by clicking on it.
- Refresh the current webpage or press F5 (the Windows 10 ISO one) that is open in your browser.
It now allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO file without any restrictions.
Download The Windows 10 ISO Using Microsoft’s Built-in Edge Browser
Those of you who are devoted Windows users may not want to use a third-party browser to download a file. If that is what is preventing you from completing the task, you’ll be relieved to know that there is a way to circumvent Microsoft’s ISO download restriction in Microsoft Edge as well.
You can change the user agent of Edge, just like Chrome and Firefox, and then successfully download the file to your machine and able to download Windows 10 ISO without the Media Creation Tool. So, lets follow the steps below;
- Open Edge on your computer, type about:flags into the address bar, and press Enter.
- In the browser, you’ll see a number of flags that you can enable. Tick the box next to Show “View source” and “Inspect element” in the context menu.
- Navigate to the Windows 10 ISO download page.
- Right-click anywhere on the page that is blank and selects Inspect element.
- To open the Emulation tab, click the down-arrow icon at the top and select Emulation.
- Select Apple Safari from the User-agent string dropdown menu (iPad).
- Edge, unlike Chrome and Firefox, automatically refreshes the currently open webpages.
After refreshing the download page, you should see a button to download the ISO to your computer.
Microsoft will forcing you to download the media creation tool in order to download ISO may not be to everyone’s liking. We’d like to hear your thoughts on it, as well as whether you think it’s a good move by the company. Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!