Best PS3 Emulator for Windows To Play PS3 Games on PC/Laptop
The PlayStation is the most popular gaming console. As we all know, PS3 games can only be played on the PlayStation console. But what if you want to play PS3 games on laptop? Many of us do not own a PlayStation but wish to play games. If you’re looking for ways to play PS3 games on PC, you’ve come to the right place. We will guide you step-by-step, how to emulate ps3 games on PC.
We can play PS3 games on PC by downloading an emulator. The way we do for apps on our PC or laptop, we will do the same for PS3 games. However, the emulators we use are not the same. For the PS3, we will use the RPCS3 emulator. It is a PS3 emulator that allows you to play PS3 games on your computer. So, let us begin by downloading the emulator.
About RPCS3 Emulator
People thought that playing PS3 games on PC would be impossible, but thanks to the RPCS3 emulator, this is no longer the case. RPCS3 is a free and open-source PlayStation 3 emulator for PC. You can use this emulator to play your favorite PS3 games on your Windows PC. Now, let’s look at how to get RPCS3 emulator and play Playstation 3 games on PC.
How to Download and Install RPCS3 Emulator?
There are RPCS3 emulators for Windows and Linux. Here, we will discuss about Windows PC installation process. However, the setup procedure is nearly identical for all supported operating systems.
The following are the steps to download RPCS3 emulator:
- First, launch a browser on your Windows PC.
- Next, visit the RPCS3 official website.
- Scroll down and click on Windows Download.
- You will be given the option to download a ZIP file.
- Next, unzip the downloaded ZIP archive.
- After you’ve extracted the file, double-click the rpcs3.exe file to launch the emulator.It does not require any installation.
Playstation 3 Games on PC – Initial Setup of RPCS3
When you launch the emulator, a pop-up window will appear instructing you to read the Quickstart guide and learn how to use it. Continue to do so and move forward.
RPCS3 communicates with the official site regularly. So, if you aren’t up to date, let the emulator update its data. Unfortunately, RPCS3 emulates the PlayStation 3 hardware rather than the software. So, if you want to update the software, you must first download the original software used on the actual console.
You can get the firmware by doing the following:
- First, go to PlayStation’s official website.
- Next, click on “Help” in the top-left menu.
- Here, choose “System Software” from the drop-down menu.
- There you will find all of PlayStation’s firmware for all of its consoles For example, select “PS3” here.
- Scroll down to the “PS3 System Software Update” section
- Now, click Agree and Download.
- In RPCS3, choose “File > Install Firmware.”
- Next, choose the firmware that you downloaded from the Playstation website. Wait for RPCS3 to install all of the necessary files.When the process is finished, the emulator will notify you.
Additional Options to Play PS3 Games on Laptop
The RPCS3 emulator supports digitally downloaded games in PKG format and disc-based games in ISO or uncompressed folder format.
So, if you want to run a game in PKG format, follow these steps:
- First, select “file” to install the PKG format game.
- Then select install .pkg
- A list of RPCS3 games will be displayed.
- With a double click, you can start the game from the list.
How to play PS3 games on PC with disc? Boot the disc-based games from the “Boot Game.” Then select the ISO or folder. It, too, requires installation, but you can do so via the emulated PlayStation3 interface.
When you boot a game for the first time, the RPCS3 emulator will compile and run a few more files.This process must be repeated once per game.
Next, click Pads to configure the emulator’s controls. You can also use the keyboard to play games, but it is preferable to use the controller.
Select “DualShock 3” or “DualShock 4” from the top left menu and connect the controller to the PC.
Other controllers, such as the Xbox and “XInput,” are also supported.
Check to see if the controller is detected with the one you’ve connected.
Finally, select your game and begin playing. So, with the help of the RPCS3 emulator, you can now run PS3 Games on PC.
One Comment to “Download PS3 Emulator On PC To Play Games”