This post will explain how to download a video from any website and how to use downloader tool to download videos. It is simple to download a video when you see a download button. Unfortunately, most video-sharing websites do not allow downloads, either to protect copyrights or because there isn’t a high demand for downloading their videos. However, there are tools and techniques you can use to download video even if there isn’t a download button.
Possibly you want to download a video from a news website or save a YouTube video to your PC. If you’re watching free movies online and want to save it to watch later on an aeroplane, you should download it. Also check the best ways to make steam downloads faster.
Whatever your motivation, downloading videos from the internet is usually possible, if not always simple. You can, of course, try video downloaders (which are your best bet), but you can also use browser tricks to reveal hidden download links.
Important: Be aware of the website from which you are downloading the video, as well as any copyright laws that you may be breaking. Numerous videos are illegal to download because the owner has not given you permission.
Download a Video With a Downloader Tool
When there isn’t a clear download button available on a website, using a video downloader tool is the simplest way to download a video. These are specially designed programs or web apps that search for and extract videos from web pages.
Catch.tube is one of the most effective options. It is totally free and works on popular social media platforms such as Twitter, CNN, Tumblr, YouTube, and Facebook. Go to the website and paste the URL of the video to use this free video downloader. Also check the best websites to Download Youtube Videos
Other video downloaders to try to include Catchvideo.net, Savethevideo.com, RipSave, and the Chrome extension Video Downloader.
Hack Your Browser To Download a Video
Every webpage is created by code that you can’t see unless you look behind the scenes, and any video you watch is streamed from a specific source. If you can locate the source link from within the code, you will be able to access a download link.
YouTube videos are an excellent example of how this works. Downloading videos from YouTube is a common request, and many tools (many of which charge) can do it, so you might be surprised to learn that you can download any video from YouTube using only a browser hack. You can also download complete YouTube playlists at once.
Because a desktop web browser loads YouTube videos differently than a mobile browser, the goal is to instruct your desktop browser to request the video as if you were using a mobile device. When your browser loads the page, a unique download link appears, but only if you examine the page’s source code.
• Open Firefox and navigate to about:config. Treat that as a URL and enter it into the browser’s top navigation bar.
• When you right-click in a blank space, choose New > String from the context menu.
• Make the name as general.useragent.override and then paste in the following code:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) FxiOS/1.0 Mobile/12F69 Safari/600.1.4
• Go to YouTube video you need to save in a new tab.
• For a few seconds, play the video. Allow the advertisement to run its course first.
• When you right-click the video, select Inspect Element from the context menu.
• In the new window that appears, find <div id=”player” and expand it by clicking the arrow to the left, then click for <div id=”movie_player” below it and <div class=”html5-video-container” below that.
• The src=” tag is followed by a long URL. To see the full URL, double-click it, then right-click and select Copy.
• In Firefox (or any other browser), open a new tab and enter it into the navigation bar.
• When you right-click the video in that tab, choose Save Video As from the context menu.
• Download videoplayback.mp4 to your PC to save the YouTube video. You can rename it if you want.
• To return Firefox to desktop mode, go back to the tab with the user agent setting, right-click the new string you made, and select Reset.
Another example is a CNN weather video that appears to have no download link, but when you switch to mobile mode and refresh the page, the source displays a simple MP4 download link. As some video streaming services do not have mobile versions of their pages, this method will not work for every video on other websites, but a similar method may.
If inspecting the video page does not reveal a download link, try the browser’s user agent as described above and try again. You should try another browser, such as Chrome or Edge.
One Comment to “Download a Video From Any Website”