You will get the knowledge necessary to delete your Instagram account by reading this guide permanently. But, of course, there may come the point when you desire to disengage from your social media networks permanently. People are opting to delete their social media presence more often than ever to live a less centered online culture. Whether you’re attempting to protect your future career prospects by deleting your social media accounts or just hoping to reach for your phone less, deleting your social media accounts may lead to a better existence.
Permanently deleting your Instagram account may seem to be a huge move, but if you’re ready to break free of your profile and reclaim some of your time, it’s simple to do. Here are the steps you need to delete your Instagram account completely. Also read article on Picuki Instagram Editor and Viewer.
Before Deleting Instagram, Save Your Data
Before you act out of annoyance or wish to delete your Instagram account permanently, it is a good idea to back up your Instagram data. You can’t recover anything, but you could have essential images, interactions, and friends. When you delete your account, Instagram deletes both your account and everything in it. Your photographs, likes, comments, and friends will be deleted permanently. Follow these steps to preserve your account data:
- Tap the “profile symbol” in the bottom right corner of “Instagram.”
- Tap the “hamburger icon” (Menu) in the upper right corner, then scroll down to “Settings.”
- Select “Security,” then select “Download Data.”
- Tap “Request Download” after entering your “email address.”
Instagram will email a full copy of your profile to the email address you supplied within 48 hours. The email includes all of your images, comments, profile information, and anything else you may need in the future. Even if you believe you will never need this information again, it is a necessary step in ensuring that your information is secure if you ever choose to see it. If you don’t do this, you will entirely lose your data—and you will never be able to recover it, no matter how hard you try.
Also Read: Best Sites To Buy Instagram Likes, Followers and Views
How to Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently
You may delete your account once you’ve saved your data. Instagram users have two alternatives. The first choice is to permanently delete your account and everything related to it, while the second is a temporary option.
Permanently deleting your Instagram account is only possible via a browser, and you may do it on both mobile and desktop browsers. Instagram makes your profile momentarily invisible for 30 days before it permanently vanishes. If you lose your opinion, you have the option of restoring it. Let’s have a look at how to delete your Instagram account permanently:
- Navigate to the “Delete Your Instagram Account” page in your browser (while signed in).
- Choose a deletion reason from the drop-down menu.
- To confirm your choice, click or press the “Delete” button.
This is how to delete Instagram account.
Delete/Disable Your Instagram Account Temporarily
If you merely want to take a vacation from Instagram or don’t want to make an illogical choice, disable rather than delete your account. Disabling your account shuts you out and conceals your profile. In terms of your followers, you may as well have deleted the account. However, if your profile is temporarily deactivated, you may reinstate it at any time by just logging back in. To disable your account, follow these steps:
- To access Instagram, go to the website “Instagram.com” in your web browser (you cannot do this from the app).
- Enter your username/password if you are requested to do so.
- Tap or click on the “profile icon” located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click or touch “Profile,” then “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down and, to the right of the “Submit” button, tap “Temporarily disable my account.”
- You will be questioned as to why you are doing this. First, select an item from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your account password again.
- Click or touch “Temporarily Disable Account.”
You can’t Delete Instagram without a Login
If you have been the victim of a hack and you want to secure your personal information, the actions outlined above may appear simple; nevertheless, if you cannot remember your login credentials, they will not be simple. Unfortunately, you cannot delete or disable an account without first logging in, and Instagram cannot do it for you. So if you can’t remember or locate your password, or if it was changed by someone else, use the steps below to recover it.
- Start the “Instagram app.”
- Under the “Login” button, choose “Get help logging in.”
- If you have an Android device, choose “Use username, email, or phone” or “Log in with Facebook.”
- If you have an iOS device, choose “Username” or “Phone.”
Following your selection, follow the directions.
If you believe you have been hacked, you may be unable to use any or all of these options, depending on how thoroughly the hacker has changed your recovery information.
- Launch the app.
- Tap Under the login boxes; you may get assistance with logging in.
- Choose the one that lets you input your username.
Also Read: Dumpor Instagram Story Viewer Anonymously
Tap Do you need further assistance?
Follow the directions to contact Instagram from here. They will very certainly ask you for account information, such as previously used passwords, recovery information, etc.
Is It Possible to Recover My Account After Deletion?
So, technically, there is no way to recover your account after permanently deleting it. Nonetheless, numerous people swear by a workaround approach described below. To summarize, you must report your hacked Instagram account, as we have done above. Here’s how to go about it.
- First, enter your username or email address and click the ‘Get help signing in‘ option on Instagram.
- Select ‘Trouble logging in‘ from this menu.
- To continue, follow the steps, such as choosing the sort of account you’d want to recover and clicking the ‘My account was hacked‘ option.
- Then choose “hear more about your experience.”
After submitting the necessary information, Instagram will contact you through email within a few hours. Of course, you will ultimately need to offer proof for this to operate, such as photographs you’ve posted to that account, your username, email address, and verification code.
FAQs – How To Delete Instagram Account
After I delete my account, how long does Instagram hold my data?
Instagram says it might take up to 90 days to permanently delete your account, which means Instagram may still have information about your account saved on its systems. Instagram’s Data Policy, on the other hand, indicates that the firm may store information about your account for longer than 90 days. The information the business may keep is for legal reasons or in connection with a breach of the firm’s Terms of Service.
Is it possible to delete my child’s account?
However, you cannot delete your child’s Instagram account without the users’ login information. According to Instagram’s account deletion policy, only the account owner may delete the account following the procedures above.
How long will it be before Instagram deletes your account?
If you go through the deletion procedure stated above, your Instagram account will be deleted 30 days after you request it, and your IG account will become invisible, so no one will be able to view it. However, deleting all backup data might take up to 90 days.
There is no valid answer to how long it takes Instagram to remove inactive accounts or accounts reported for spam or bot activity, so you may be curious about this. Instagram deletes inactive accounts and accounts identified as bots via their system regularly. However, except for Instagram, no one knows how often this occurs or the criteria for deletion.
You may finally allow yourself some personal time to escape and leave behind the ever-present struggle of online culture by deactivating and deleting your Instagram account for good. Of course, deleting your account temporarily is an attractive choice if you need to walk away for a time, but otherwise, delete away to protect your individuality and personality—and your sanity. Do you have any thoughts or questions about deleting an Instagram account? Please leave your thoughts in the area below. So this is article on how to delete Instagram Account Also read article on best Instagram Live Video Downloaders.
2 Comments to “How To Delete Instagram Account – Complete Guide”