This article is about how to delete all messages discord and how to use bots to delete all channel messages in one go. Message deletion on any platform is sometimes necessary to make room, reinvent yourself, or clear out years of clutter. Discord is no exception, with some users feeling compelled to delete all of their messages at some point. While useful, Discord does not appreciate its users deleting messages. If you violate the rules, the platform’s administrators may take trouble against you.
If you’re the server owner or administrator, bots can help you delete messages in bulk. Some people can even clone a channel and remove all of the messages in the process. There are numerous options available, but we’ll focus on the most popular and powerful ones here.
Delete All Direct Messages Using Bots
Unfortunately, Discord does not provide us with the most simple options for deleting all messages. Discord not only discourages such efforts, but it can also land you in hot trouble. In the worst case plan, your account may be terminated.
As a result, we would not recommend doing so. We won’t go over that in this guide for the same reasons. If you want to delete DMs in this manner, you must do so at your own risk.
Previously, Discord only discouraged users from deleting direct messages with self-bots. However, because users did so in large numbers, Discord declared it a violation of the terms of service. However, many users have reported that Discord will not punish you if you use a self-bot for non-harmful and non-public purposes.
Why Discord Prohibits Deleting Direct Messages Using Bots?
The answer is straightforward. A self-bot is simply a user account that runs on an API token. Discord now requires all bots to be tracked and tagged through the Developer Portal. A self-bot circumvents these restrictions, allowing you and any other user to make API requests and automate many tasks.
The Silver Lining
Is there a method to delete direct messages in bulk now that auto-bots are out of the question? In a nutshell, yes. Discord’s API supports POST requests. These requests cause an event called Message Delete Bulk to occur. You can delete direct messages in bulk this way, but there is a two-week limit. This POST request cannot target messages older than 14 days.
However, you can manually queue and delete older messages. It’s worth noting that Discord does not note complete DM removal. Results in, your best bet is to do it in small batches with breaks in between. Then you’ll avoid any potential Discord issues.
Keep in mind that deleting a chat history that spans several years and thousands of messages may take some time. We’ll go over some of the limitations of removing messages in Discord in the FAQ section.
Delete All Channel Messages Using Bots
You can use a bot to delete all messages in a channel on your Discord server. When it comes to removing messages from servers, Discord has no issues. If you have one, you can remove channel messages as needed.
Here, you have a lot of options. However, make sure that the bot you choose is capable of doing so. The powerful MEE6 bot is currently the most popular option, but CleanChat ranks highly.
It’s worth noting that bots with the ability to delete server channel messages are unlikely to be able to do so. If your server is new and only has a few messages, you might be able to get rid of them all at once. However, if you have a larger community, cleaning everything up may take some time.
Because bots have batch size limitations, this is the case. Some can delete up to 100 messages in a single command, while others can delete up to 1,000 messages in a single command. The CleanChat Bot falls into the first category, while the mighty MEE6 falls into the second. Let’s now look at the bots and see what they can do for you.
You must be logged into the correct account (if you have multiple accounts). Additionally, you should add bots through the browser rather than the desktop or mobile app.
On the other hand, the browser can be used on both mobile and desktop/laptop devices. So, in this section, we’ll look at Windows, iOS, macOS, Linux, and Android devices.
If you like to purge your server channels, the MEE6 bot is one of the most potent options available. As previously stated, it can send up to 1,000 messages per action, but you can specify any other number.
This bot allows you to delete messages from any user or only from specific users. You have a choice, and we’ll go over both options.
To install the MEE6 bot, go through the following steps:
Open the browser on your device of choice and search for the official MEE6 bot’s website. It should be almost at the top of the list. Go to the official website by clicking or tapping on it.
1. Then, click on the blue “Add to Discord” button. For sure, you can take your time and explore the bot’s features. We recommend installing a bot on your Discord server the if this is your first time to install.
2. The MEE6 website will open in a new tab. There, you’ll work on a summary of the permission requests that the bot requires to function correctly. The first check you’re logged in to your account that you want to add the bot and review the permissions. Now, click the Authorize button.
3. You’ll see a list of servers associated with your account. Under the one where you want to delete messages, click Setup.
4. This will open a new window. Discord will ask you if you like to connect the bot to that specific server at this point. If you are sure, click or tap the Continue button. If not, select a different server from the dropdown list.
5. Discord will now display the complete list of permissions you’re about to grant the MEE6 bot. You can uncheck some of them if you’re not sure. You should, however, leave the Administrator box checked.
6. Once you’ve made your selections, click Authorize.
7. After that, Discord will ask you to confirm that you are not a robot. Tick the box.
8. You will receive a message in your server’s General channel stating that “A wild MEE6” has appeared. The bot will also appear in the list of online members on the right side of the Discord window.
9. This is an optional step. To manage the bot’s settings, go to MEE6’s official website. When you authorize the bot, it will open in a new tab. This is how it should look:
The page will show your Discord name in the upper-right corner, as well as the name of your server to the left. Below them, you’ll find all of the settings you can change. When you’re finished, return to your server and begin deleting messages.
10. To delete messages from the channel, use two commands. The command ‘!clear (number)’ deletes the specified number of most recent messages from a channel. To run the command, press Enter or Send. This will only delete the most recent message.
11. If you want to delete a specific user’s messages, use the ‘!clear @[username]’ command. This will delete the user’s most recent 100 messages.
Remember that MEE6 can only delete messages from the past two weeks.
Why is Mee6 not working?
Many users have wondered why Mee6 does not obey the ‘!clear’ command. Fortunately, one of our servers recently experienced the same issue. Nothing happened, no matter how many times we typed the command into the text box. The good news is that it is a very simple fix.
To repair Mee6, do the following:
First, go to the Mee6 website and sign the same way we did above. When you arrive at the Dashboard, scroll down until you see the word ‘Moderator.’ Click the ‘Moderator’ tab and then the ‘Enable’ button.
If it is successful, you will notice the following:
You can now use the! Clear command. Mee6 will handle the messages sent within the last two weeks. Mee6 will notify you if it is experiencing limitations if this is not the case.
CleanChat is the name of the next bot on our list. You can get it from either the official website or a bot site, though we recommend the official route to be completely safe.
The CleanChat bot is an effective tool for keeping your chat as clean as possible. Its primary function is to silence any other bots you may have on the server, though you can also use it to delete messages.
You can remove up to 100 messages at once with this bot. You can also clone a channel with the “purge” command. Here’s how to set it up and use it. Like the MEE6 bot, this method works on both mobile and desktop browsers.
1. search your preferred browser and type “alexandernorup.com” into the address bar. Click or tap on the result to be taken directly to the download page. It should be the second result.
2. When you arrive at alexandernorup.com/CleanChat, you’ll see all relevant information about the bot. If you scroll down a little, you’ll find video and text tutorials for some essential functions and options.
3. However, we require a link to add the bot to your server.
Tap or click on the blue link.
4. Select the server that needs to be cleaned up. Then press the Continue click.
5. Next, you’ll see a list of the permissions that this bot requires to work. Examine them all and choose the ones you want. However, we recommend that you check all of the boxes. When you’re finished, click or tap the Authorize button.
6. Verify that you are not robot.
7. You should receive an email informing you that the CleanChat bot has joined your server. On Discord screen, you’ll see a list of active server members. You are now free to delete messages.
8. The @CleanChat purge <number> command can remove a specified number of the most recent messages from a channel.
Alternatively, you can use the @CleanChat purgechat command. This command will clone your current channel and delete the old one. You don’t have to worry; the cloned channel will have the same settings as the original. You will, however, be able to start with a clean slate and no messages on the channel.
Additional Questions and Answers
We’ve included more answers to your questions in this section.
Can I delete messages if I don’t have administrative privileges?
To summarize, you must have Admin rights to delete messages. Bots which can delete messages from channels will request administrative privileges somehow. You cannot delete messages from a server as a regular user. You can clear your history, but they will remove it on Discord’s servers.
Does it also go away for the other user if I delete a message?
Removing a message or messages from your Discord side will not delete them from the other person’s profile. Discord does not permit its users to make changes to other users’ accounts. The messages you remove from your account will remain on Discord’s servers and can be accessed by the other person at their discretion.
Here’s how to go about it:
-Sign in to your account and locate the user whose chat you wish to delete. In your contacts list, right-click on their avatar.
-Select Direct Message.
-Use your mouse to move your cursor over the conversation.
-Click on the X button that appears.
Discord will remove it from view.
Is it feasible to delete all messages in Discord?
Discord does not natively support deleting all messages. On the other hand, Bots can do it in a variety of sizes. Some bots can even clone a channel, wiping out all messages in the process.
Delete Messages with Ease
While it is possible to delete all messages from Discord, it may be a difficult task. Because the platform does not permit it, you cannot use a bot to delete direct messages. Bots, on the other hand, can delete channel messages in bulk. You can even clone channels.
Have you been able to delete all of your messages? Which bot(s) have you installed to assist you in cleaning up your servers and channels? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You may also Like;