In this article you will learn how to convert a Word Document to PDF file. A complete guide and best ways to convert Word in to PDF format. A PDF document is a convenient way to disseminate a document so that everyone can see it in the same way on any screen. It’s simple to make a PDF from a Word, Excel, or PowerPoint document, as well as an image.
How to Convert a Word Document to PDF
There are various methods for converting a Word document to PDF and password-protecting it so that only those with the password may access it. Converting Word to PDF takes only a few seconds, and we’ll show you how to do it using various methods. Also check How to Edit a PDF Document
How to Convert Word to PDF Using Microsoft Word
If you have Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed on your computer, you can convert your Word document to PDF with only a few clicks utilizing the built-in software features.
1. To do so, go to File > Save As and select the Word document you want to convert to PDF.
2. Select PDF from the Save As Type dropdown menu in the Save As dialogue.
3. If your document doesn’t already have a title, give it one, choose where you want to save the PDF file, and then click Save. Also check 10 Best Ways to Convert Pdf into Word
How to Convert Word to PDF Using the Print Function
As long as the program you’re using on your computer has printing capabilities, you can use the print function in Windows 10. For example, if you’re using Windows 10, you can use the Microsoft Print to PDF tool to convert a Word document to a PDF. Also check How to Edit PDF Files PDFescape
1. Open the file in Word and then select File > Print or press the CTRL+P keyboard shortcut to activate the Microsoft Print to PDF feature.
2. Select the Microsoft Print to PDF option from the dropdown menu under Printer in the Print box.
3. Select any additional options, such as the number of pages to print. Your Word document will be published to PDF, which means the output will be saved as a PDF file. Give your document a name, choose a location to be saved, and then save the PDF file.
Note: You may also use the PDF conversion feature in the Google Chrome browser to convert your Word document to PDF. This feature is available for web-based files on any device with the Chrome browser installed. For example, go to the Print menu and select Print to PDF from the drop-down menu to use this feature in Chrome.
Using Microsoft Print to PDF to convert a Word document to PDF has limitations. For starters, it’s only compatible with Windows 10, so if you’re running Windows 7 or 8, you’ll need to upgrade.
Use Export Option to Convert Word to PDF
An Export tool in Word allows you to convert a Word document to PDF.
1. Open the Word document you wish to convert to PDF and click File > Save and Send
2. Click Create PDF/XPS Document.
3. Next, click Create PDF/XPS document button.
4. Give your PDF file a title, pick where you want to save it, and then click Publish.
How to Convert Word to PDF Using Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is a program that allows you to create PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat is a software suite that will enable you to generate, view, alter, print, and manage PDF documents. It includes tools like Adobe Acrobat Reader and Acrobat DC, which may be used to annotate, transmit for signatures, change, convert, and merge different file formats, among other things. To convert a Word Document to PDF follow the steps below.
1. Open Adobe Acrobat and select Create PDF from the File menu to convert Word to PDF.
2. On the right pane, click Select File.
3. Choose the file you’d want to convert.
4. Select a location for the file, give it a name, and then click Save.
5. If you’re using a Mac, select a folder for the exported file by clicking Create and Share Adobe PDF.
Alternatively, you may choose Choose a Different Location, navigate to the folder where you want to put the file, name it, and save it.
How to Convert a Word to PDF on Mac
Mac computers, like Windows computers, have a variety of choices for converting Word documents to PDF files. Aside from the methods listed above, you may also use Pages on a Mac. Also check How to Compress a PDF on Windows and Mac
1. To convert a Word document to PDF on a Mac, open the document in Pages and convert File > Print from the File menu.
2. Click PDF in the lower-left corner of the new menu.
3. Save as PDF from the dropdown menu in the lower-left corner of the following menu.
4. You’ll see the Save As dialogue box appear. Give your document a name, choose a location to be saved, and fill in any additional details you desire. Save the file.
Check our list of things you can do with PDF files on your Mac once you’ve converted your Word document to PDF.
Use a Third-Party App to Convert Word to PDF
If you don’t have access to Microsoft Word or the Pages software on your Mac, you can convert your Word document to PDF using a third-party app.
Smallpdf, CleverPDF, Sejda, LibreOffice, and many other popular third-party programs can help you convert Word to PDF. Drag and drop your Word document into your favorite PDF editor, choose Word to PDF, and the software will convert your document.
Keep Your Work Safe
It’s not difficult to convert a Word document to a PDF. Any of the solutions outlined above can help you keep your document’s formatting when sharing it with others. In addition, we offer several guides that will help you manage your PDF files, including copying text from a PDF file, inserting a PDF file into a Word document or PowerPoint presentation, compressing a PDF file, and converting multiple images into PDF files. Also check How to Edit PDF Files for Free (Online/Offline)
Was it possible for you to convert your Word document to PDF? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.