This article is about how to change the name of your YouTube Channel. The Google-owned online video network Youtube has released a new update that allows YouTube producers to change the names of their Channels without affecting their entire Google account. Previously, creators could change the name of their Channels without impacting the name on their Google account. Everything has changed.
The YouTube staff hopes that the new update will aid in the separation of your Google Account and YouTube channel. So, for example, if the name associated with your Gmail account is “SuperNova,” you may change the name of your YouTube channel to something completely different if you so desire. However, the update comes with some limitations, which we will discuss shortly, but first, let us walk you through how to change the name of a YouTube channel.
Changing the name of your YouTube Channel is simple and can be completed in a matter of seconds. We will show you how to change the name of your YouTube channel on both mobile and desktop.
To begin, here’s how to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture without having to update your Google account name mobile.
1. Open your desktop browser and navigate to your YouTube studio.
2. Navigate to and click “Customization” from the sidebar menu.
3. To change the profile picture for your channels, go to the “Branding” tab.
4. Then, next to your profile picture, click “Change” to upload a new one.
5. To change the name of your channel, go to the “Basic Details” tab and click the pencil icon next to your channel’s name to edit it.
6. Save your modifications by clicking “Publish” to reflect the new channel’s information.
You may also change your YouTube Channel name and profile picture using the YouTube mobile app, available for iOS and Android. To put it simply;
1. Launch the YouTube app on your smartphone and click your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
2. Select “Your channel.”
3. Select “Edit channel.”
4. Change the name and profile image of your channel.
5. Save your modifications.
You will agree with me that changing the name of your YouTube channel is a relatively simple process. However, as previously stated, there is a catch.
Before you change the name of your channel, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
• Verified channel creators on YouTube will lose their verification badge. It is reversible after a name change, but you must reapply.
• Changing the name of a channel does not affect your channel’s unique URL or the official musical note icons adjacent to their channel’s logo.