This article will explain how to activate Pluto TV and why you need to activate Pluto TV? A complete guide step by step instructions to activate Pluto TV on Android, Roku and Amazon. Unlike many other streaming services on the market, Pluto TV is completely free and offers thousands of TV shows and movies organised into a consistent and logical system of channels. Although you do not need to register to enjoy all of the benefits of Pluto TV, signing up allows you to customise your experience.
It only allows you to register in order to hide and unhide channels, favourite channels, and set up your Android device as a remote. Your preferences will be saved in your free account if you register. This article will show you how to install and activate the Pluto TV service on a variety of devices. Let’s get this party started!
As part of the effort to make Pluto TV a solution for everyone, the service has been ported to and made compatible with a wide range of platforms. Among the current installations are the following:
- iPad and iPhone: Download the app here.
- Android phones and tablets, as well as Android TV: The official app is available for download from Google Play.
- Apple TV 4th generation: The app is available on iTunes.
- Various Amazon Kindle and Fire tablets, as well as Fire TV and Fire TV Stick: Download the official app here.
- If available, the app is preinstalled on a variety of Vizio, Samsung, and Sony smart TVs.
- Windows PCs and Macs: Download the app for your operating system iTunes.
- PlayStation 4: The app can be found here or on the device’s Playstation Store.
- Playstation 3: The app can be downloaded from this page or from the Playstation Store on the console.
- Xbox One: The app is available here or on the game console’s Xbox Games Store (formerly Xbox Live Marketplace).
- Browsers: When accessed via the Pluto TV website on PC, Mac, or mobile devices, the app does not require installation.
Pluto TV is available in countries other than the United States.
Negotiations for streaming rights to specific content, on the other hand, may limit the accessibility of certain channels and content from one country to the next. International viewers can get the computer app from the “International Desktop App” section by clicking here.
Signing Up for Pluto TV
Signing up for the platform is simple. You can accomplish this by taking the following steps:
- Login to Pluto TV via the website or the app on your phone. Click the ‘Sign Up’ option.
- Fill out the required information and click ‘Sign Up Free.’
- You’re set! You can use the app to watch great shows for free.
Do you need to activate Pluto TV?
Pluto TV is fantastic because it is free and has a tonne of features. Fortunately, some of those features include the ability to use your smartphone as a remote control and to save favourites. To use the extras, you must first activate your Pluto TV account on the devices on which you intend to watch the content.
Technically, you do not need to activate the service in 2021. Pluto TV does have a registration process, but it currently does not offer any benefits or features. An account is used for hiding and unhiding channels, favoriting and unfavoriting channels, and using your Android device as a remote.
However, those features have been temporarily disabled and are no longer available. It’s unclear when those options will be available, but there’s no need to register for the time being. If you decide to set an account anyway, you’ll be notified of any updates as they happen. As of now, none of the “My Pluto” features are visible, with the exception of the heart icon, which is still present and tappable in Android, despite the fact that it does nothing at the moment.
You can watch Pluto TV on as many devices as you want.
How to Activate Pluto TV
Although it isn’t required right now, you may want to activate the service in case the features become available later. To activate Pluto TV, follow these steps:
- Log in to Pluto TV by going to the My Pluto TV website.
- Find the 6-digit code required to activate the service.
- To activate, either use the app on your phone or go to Pluto’s activation site and follow the prompts.
Chromecast Pluto TV
You can cast Pluto TV to your Chromecast in two ways. You can use Chrome on your computer or the Pluto TV mobile app. Take a look at how it’s done.
Chromecast from the Internet
- To cast Pluto TV through Chrome, follow these steps.
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Go to the Pluto TV website and, if necessary, log in.
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the “More” icon.
- From the menu, select “Cast…”.
- Select Chromecast.
If it’s already connected, an icon indicating active status will appear.
Mobile Devices to Chromecast
To cast Pluto TV from your mobile device, follow these steps. This guide is applicable to both Android and iOS devices.
- Start Pluto TV on your device.
- Navigate to the channel you want to cast to.
- In the top-right corner, tap the “Cast” icon.
- Choose Chromecast from the list of casting devices.
Toggle Closed Captions
How to Enable Closed Captions on Different Platforms
This guide is applicable to both Android phones and tablets.
- Launch Options.
- Choose Accessibility.
- Select “Captions.”
- To enable captions, slide the slider switch to the right.
- Start Pluto TV.
- Squeeze the screen.
- Select the “CC” icon.
Choose your preferred language.
How to turn Captions on Amazon Devices
- Enable the accessibility settings on Fire TV.
- Locate and activate the “Captions” section.
- Navigate to Pluto TV and use your TV’s remote to press the Menu (centre) button.
- Select the language for which captions should be displayed.
Here’s how to turn closed captions on your Roku TV device.
- Open the Pluto TV app on your Roku device.
- Do something fun.
- On the remote, press the “*” (asterisk) button. This will launch the Options menu.
- Select “Closed captioning.”
- Use the “Right” and “Left” arrows to navigate through the available captions.
Is Pluto TV equipped with a search function?
Pluto TV, sadly, and almost inexplicably, lacks a search feature. The channel guide does not allow you to search; all you can do is browse. This is, of course, a minor inconvenience, but for more information, look into some of the things you can do with Pluto TV. There is also a third-party solution called JustWatch that has a section for Pluto TV where most, if not all, of the site’s content is separated and searchable.
Finally, the number of available channels and on-demand content on Pluto TV is rapidly increasing. Given the rate at which it is gaining new users, it is safe to assume that Pluto TV is here to stay.