This article will explain how to login to Instagram through Facebook account and how to unlink your Instagram from Facebook account. Since Facebook acquired Instagram, the two networks gradually gained a closer relationship and offered more integration. If you have a small business, are a social media marketer, or enjoy sharing content across networks, linking Instagram and Facebook is a no-brainer. You can share content between the two and take advantage of the power of visual content. You can even log in to Instagram through Facebook to save time.
Usually, I advocate for keeping networks separate and not sharing too much data between them. That changes when it comes to marketing. It’s all about efficiency and having the most significant possible reach with the least effort. Linking Instagram and Facebook helps with this. Because you can share across both platforms with a single click, it makes sense.
Link Instagram to Facebook
If you have already a Facebook page and an Instagram account, linking the two is simple. Then you can seamlessly share content between the two networks without losing formatting or impact.
1. Launch Instagram on your phone.
2. Login, select your profile, followed by the Settings menu.
3. Tap on Account, then on ‘Sharing to Other Apps.’
4. Select Facebook and log in with your Facebook account details. When prompted, give the app permissions.
5. You will then be started to set up your Accounts Center. Select your Facebook account or tap “Not you?” to switch accounts, then press the Continue button.
6. Choose where you want to share on Facebook. To complete Account Center setup, tap Continue.
7. Click the ‘Start Sharing to Facebook‘ button.
Return to the Accounts Center. Make that the ‘Share with Facebook’ option for Stories and Posts, as well as ‘Logging in with accounts’, are both turned on. If it isn’t working for you, back return to Instagram’s Accounts Center menu.
Remove from Accounts Center by selecting Facebook.
Log into Instagram through Facebook
It’s simple to log in to Instagram using your Facebook credentials:
1. Launch Instagram on your phone.
2. Now, Click the “Log In With Facebook” button.
If you’re already logged in to Facebook, you’ll be logged in automatically. Select your Facebook login information when prompted and add the blue Login button if you aren’t.
Repeat the same thing if you create a new Instagram account. Install Instagram and, as previously stated, select Log In With Facebook. It will then create an account for you and connect it to your Facebook account. The only issue with this is that unless you edit it, it will give a random username and password for you.
To change your default Instagram login information, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to Instagram with your Facebook credentials.
2. select the Profile icon in the bottom right corner and then choose Edit Profile.
3. Change your username to something more personal.
4. Return to your profile page, tap the hamburger icon in the upper right corner, and select Settings.
5. Select Account, then Personal Information. Check that the email address is correct. To edit, tap it.
6. Return to the settings menu and choose Security.
7. To reset your password, select Password from the list.
You may receive an email with the subject ‘We sent an email to ADDRESS with a link to reset your password.’ It will be the email address associated with your account.
If you prefer, you can make these changes on the web. You can edit your Instagram profile using this link and request a password reset using this link. The underlying principle remains the same, as does the result.
You can still log Instagram through Facebook, but you have now set up your account to be accessed independently as well. You can directly change your profile image, add a bio, and make other changes to your Instagram account without affecting your login.
You’ve linked your two accounts, i.e., Instagram and Facebook, which means you can now cross-post content between them. But what can you do if you no longer want the two to be linked?
If you want to deactivate your Facebook account or separate the two services, you can do so without losing all of your posts. Now, you have to repeat the preceding steps, then proceed as follows:
1. Launch Account Center.
2. Under the Account & Profiles menu, select ‘Remove from Accounts Center.’
Your Instagram account’s information will remain on your Facebook profile until you remove it, and you will need to delete all of your Instagram posts from Facebook, but more on that later.
Questions and Answers
Actually, after you link your two accounts, they still have separate logins (yes, you can use the Facebook option on Instagram to log in, but they’re still different).
If your Instagram account is compromised, it does not necessarily mean that your Facebook account is in danger. u003cbru003eu003cbru003e You should update your login information on both to ensure maximum security, but just because someone gets into one account does not mean they have access to both.
One of the cool features of both platforms is having multiple accounts or pages under the same login. This means you to switch between your professional and personal profiles easily.
u003cbru003eu003cbru003e You can link multiple Instagram accounts to the same Facebook page. You have to follow the above steps for each Instagram account.
Sharing is caring
Linking Instagram to Facebook saves time and improves the efficiency of social media marketing, but it must be used with caution. Make separate personal and business accounts and only post relevant content. While there is a lot of overlap between the Instagram and Facebook audiences, there are times when there isn’t. Knowing when and how to cross-post is an essential skill for a marketer.
Overall, linking the two is a good thing that will save you time and help your marketing efforts!