How to fix Xbox Game Bar not opening Windows 10, Here we give solutions on how to fix the Xbox game bar in some easy steps. The Xbox is the most popular gaming platform, and it provides many features to its users. The Xbox Game Bar is one of these features. Unfortunately, although it is slightly underrated compared to other features, the Xbox Game Bar can occasionally cause problems. As a result, many users are curious as to what to do if the Xbox Game Bar stops working.
How to Resolve the Xbox Game Bar Not Working Problem
The Xbox Game Bar enables users to chat, take screenshots, and stream live games, eliminating the need for third-party software to perform these functions.
Why is the Xbox App Not Working
There could be several reasons why the Xbox Game Bar isn’t working. Likewise, there are various solutions for various reasons why the Xbox Game Bar is not working. Now let us take a look at these solutions and how you can try them out. Also read Best Xbox 360 Emulators for PC
Xbox Game Bar Not Working Solutions
1. Check If The Game Bar Is Enabled
Before you proceed with any solution, make sure that the Game bar is enabled in the Settings. To ensure that the settings are in place, follow the steps outlined below.
From the Cortana search bar, launch the Run command window.
Type ms-settings:gaming-gamebar in the address bar.
Check the Game bar tab of the Settings menu to see if the toggle associated with Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcasts using the Game bar is enabled.
After that, check to see if the Xbox Game Bar is not working issue has been resolved. However, if the problem persists after this step, consider the solutions listed below.
2. Check Your Firewalls
To resolve Xbox app issues, you should check your firewalls because they cause many obstacles and prevent games from running smoothly when it comes to gaming. At times, the Windows firewall will prevent the Xbox app from running. If you find the Xbox game’s executable files in the firewall, disable it and then try rerunning the game.
A third-party app can sometimes block and disable the Xbox game bar. Check your firewall to ensure that no such app is preventing the Xbox game bar from appearing in Windows 10.
3. Don’t Run Game Bar In Full-Screen Mode
Assume you launch an Xbox game in full-screen mode and then attempt to open the Game bar, but it does not appear. It could be because the Game bar is already active but does not appear in full-screen mode. It does not, however, prevent you from using the Game bar options while playing the game in full-screen mode.
Numerous keyboard shortcuts can be used to perform the functions. For example, you can record gameplay by pressing Windows key + Alt + R, or you can take a screenshot by pressing Windows key + Alt + Prt. In addition, the Game bar UI can be accessed by pressing the Win key + G, but you must first launch the game in window mode before using this combination.
4. Enable the Game Bar Via Registry Editor
If you use third-party apps, changing a registry value can cause the Xbox Game bar to stop working. In such cases, you must open the registry editor and make the necessary changes to enable the Game bar.
Using the Win key + R, open the Run command window and type Regedit in the address bar.
To open the registry editor, click OK.
Go to the following path:
Then, in the right pane, double-click the AppCapturedEnabled Dword.
If you can’t find the Dword, make one.
Then, right-click in the space and choose New.
Select New > DWORD (32) bit value.
Change the Value Data from 0 to 1 once you’ve opened the Dword.
Next, try launching the Game bar to see if the solution works.
If the problem has not been resolved, proceed to the next solution.
5. Check the Hotkey Settings
The Xbox Game bar settings are sometimes changed automatically. You should keep an eye on the Settings to see if they aren’t the source of the problem. On your desktop, launch the Xbox app, navigate to Settings, and then select Game DVR. You can check and change the Game bar hotkeys if the Record game clips and screenshots are enabled using the Game DVR option.
Check to see if the full-screen hotkey is Windows key + G or another combination. You can change and save the key combination if it has been changed.
However, keep in mind that not all games will support the hotkeys you choose. Therefore, when you’ve finished entering a hotkey, click Save to confirm it. If this does not resolve the Xbox Game bar, not working problem, proceed to the next step.
6. Install Windows Media Feature Pack
The Windows Media Feature Pack is a collection of apps that aren’t included in the Windows 10 KN or N editions. There’s a chance you don’t have those apps if you have one of these versions. As a result, the Xbox Game bar does not working problem occurs.
To download the Windows Media Feature Pack, visit this page.
Select the Download option.
It will open a window in which you must select the bit version of your PC. Then, click ‘I Accept’ to agree to all Media Pack’s terms and conditions. Finally, restart the PC after installing the Feature Pack to see if the Xbox Game bat issue has been resolved.
7. Reset Xbox App
Resetting the Xbox App is an excellent solution to the Xbox Game bar not working issue. This problem may be resolved by resetting your settings to default.
- To begin, use the Cortana search bar to navigate to Settings.
- By pressing Win + I, you can also access the Settings menu.
- Then select the Apps option.
- This will take you to the Apps and Features page.
- This page can also be accessed by typing ms-settings:appsfeatures into the RUN section.
- Now, in the right pane, select the Xbox option.
- Then, select Advanced options.
- In the Reset section, click the Reset button.
- The Xbox app will return to its default settings after a few seconds.
After you’ve completed the preceding steps, try running the Game bar. If the first solution doesn’t work, try the next one.
8. Reinstall the Xbox App
If the Game bar is not working, reinstalling the app is one of the best solutions. However, because it is a Windows application, you must uninstall it from Powershell. Then, enter PowerShell into the Start menu and select the Run as administrator option.
Enter the following command when PowerShell is launched:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
Following this procedure, the Xbox app will be uninstalled. However, it is possible to reinstall it from the Microsoft Store. If this does not resolve the Xbox Game bar, not working problem, try another solution.
9. Reset Your PC
If none of the Xbox app-related solutions work, the best option is to perform a system repair or reset your PC. Several users have reported that this method resolved their issue. You can read more about how to reset a Windows 10 PC.
10. Perform A Clean Boot
Restarting your computer is also one method for resolving the Xbox Game bar not working problem. If users choose a clean boot, they will have more control over the software they are running.
- Select the Start option, then the Power option, and finally the Restart option.
- After the computer restarts, make sure you sign in as an administrator.
- Then, launch the Run command from the Start menu or by using the Win key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter the command msconfig and press the Enter key. This opens the System Configuration window.
- Locate the Services tab and check the box labeled Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then, select Disable all.
- Next, launch Task Manager and navigate to the Startup tab.
- Select each process and turn it off.
- After that, close the Task Manager window.
- Close the Task Manager and the System Configuration window once you’ve disabled all of the processes.
- Next, reboot your computer and check to see if the Game bar has returned to life. If it has, it begins enabling all necessary procedures to determine which one was causing the issue.
Xbox Game Bar Shortcut
Here are some shortcuts you can use to record clips and screenshots while playing a game on your PC.
- Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Windows logo key + G
- Windows logo key + Alt + G: Record the last 30 seconds (the amount of time recorded can be changed in Xbox Game Bar > Settings).
- Start/stop recording by pressing the Windows logo key + Alt + R
- Using the Windows logo key + Alt + PrtScn: Take a picture of your game.
The Xbox Game bar isn’t always necessary, but it does provide features that gamer can’t live without. For example, you can easily stream live games, record videos, and capture screenshots without relying on third-party software. That’s probably the simplest explanation for how the Xbox Game bar works.
On the other hand, the Game bar is riddled with bugs, which is why many users report it disappearing multiple times. While there are numerous causes for this, there are also numerous solutions for each of them. Users who are experiencing the Xbox Game bar not working issue should first try the simple solutions listed in this article before moving on to the more complex methods. Depending on why you’re having the Game bar problem, different solutions will work for you.