In this article you will know about how to fix Windows 11 activation error 0xc004c060. The 0xc004c060 activation error, as the name implies, prevents you from activating Windows 11, denying you access to specific updates and programs. To fix the error, consider upgrading the operating system, running the Windows Activation troubleshooter, and restarting critical services, among other options. Also, learn how to activate Windows 11 and why you should do so.
Activating your copy of Windows is critical since it gives you access to a slew of capabilities in addition to receiving frequent updates. Unfortunately, the 0xc004c060 activation error has been reported by several customers on Windows 11.
It is a frequent Windows activation error that has also been seen in previous versions. A few questions emerge here, which we will address in the next section, and the responses will determine your further actions.
So, before you go ahead and purchase another licensed version, we recommend you read the following sections and attempt the techniques provided below to fix the Windows 11 activation error 0xc004c060.
What is the cause of the Windows 11 activation error 0xc004c060?
The first step is to ensure that you are running a genuine copy of Windows and that your license key is still valid. Next, check to see whether it was obtained from an official source and if the key is for the installed edition of the operating system.
If any of them fail, you will most likely get the Windows 11 activation error 0xc004c060. So double-check these, and if everything is in order, move on to the following section.
If you obtained the key through untrustworthy methods or suspected that the installed copy is a pirated version, you must purchase a genuine key from Microsoft.
Aside from that, mismatched settings, a lack of critical services, or even a flaw in the current version might all cause this activation error.
As a result, you now have a good idea of what the problem is and its underlying causes; let’s go over the most crucial solutions.
How can I fix the 0xc004c060 Windows 11 activation error?
In this guide you will know about how to fix Windows 11 Activation Error 0xc004c060 in simple steps.
Update Windows 11
1. Launch the Settings app by pressing Windows + I, and then pick Windows Update from the list of tabs in the navigation bar on the left.
2. Next, on the right, click the Check for updates option.
3. If an update is found after the scan, click Download & Install to download it.
Run the built-in troubleshooter
1. Press Windows + I to launch the Settings program, and then click on Activation on the right under the System tab.
2. Select the Activation state option from the drop-down menu.
3. If the installed Windows is not activated, you will find a troubleshooter here. First, run it, follow the on-screen instructions and respond appropriately when requested.
When the troubleshooter has finished, restart the computer to allow the adjustments to take effect and see whether the Windows 11 activation error 0xc004c060 has been resolved.
Run critical services
1. Press Windows + R to launch the Run command, click services.msc into the bar and press OK or Enter to launch the Services program.
2. Find the Software Protection service, right-click it, and choose Properties from the context menu.
3. If the service is not running, click the Start button under Service status and click OK at the bottom to save the changes.
Run the SFC scan and the DISM tool
1. Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, then type Windows Terminal into the text field, right-click on the relevant search result, and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
2. Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt that appears.
3. Now, click the downward-facing arrow at the top and pick Command Prompt from the list of alternatives. Alternatively, you may launch Command Prompt in a new tab by pressing Ctrl + Shift + 2.
4. To run the DISM tool, type/paste the following commands one at a time and press Enter after each:
DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
To run the SFC scan, run the following commands after running the DISM tool:
Run Command Prompt to activate Windows 11
1. Press Windows + X or right-click the Start button in the Taskbar and choose Windows Terminal from the Quick Access menu.
2. Now, click the downward-facing arrow and pick Command Prompt from the menu.
3. receive the following command, and if it succeeds, you will get a popup indicating that Windows is activated:
If the previous command did not delete the product key, execute this one:
Now, copy and paste the following command and press Enter. Make careful to change the Xs with your product key here:
slmgr.vbs /ipk XXXXX – XXXXX – XXXXX – XXXXX – XXXXX
Reinstall the previous iteration of Windows before upgrading to Windows 11
If you conducted a clean install of Windows 11 and got the 0xc004c060 activation error, you should reinstall the previous iteration before proceeding with the upgrade.
In some circumstances, customers could resolve the issue by reverting to the iteration for which the key was intended and then installing Windows 11 via Windows Update whenever it became available.
Because Windows 11 is being sent out in stages, you may have to wait a bit longer, but updating it via Windows Update should help erase the 0xc004c060 activation error in Windows 11.
Is it essential for me to activate Windows 11?
Ideally, you should always use an activated version of Windows 11. You can, however, use the operating system without activating it for as long as you like, but doing so violates the Microsoft Service Agreement.
You will also lose out on certain built-in apps and feature upgrades if you use an unactivated version, though you should receive the critical ones. In addition, there will be a notification in the bottom-right corner of the screen stating that Windows has not yet been activated.
If you want the whole experience, you must activate Windows 11 and immediately do so. If you’re experiencing difficulties activating a legitimate version, try the solutions provided here.
That concludes resolving the Windows 11 activation error 0xc004c060, and the error should be decided by the time you reach this section of the tutorial. You also comprehend the complexities and significance of using an activated version.
In addition, learn how to resolve the Windows 11 activation error 0xc004f213 if you encounter it.
In the comments section below, let us know which fix worked for you and which version you had difficulties activating. Also, if you could fix the error using another means, please provide that as well. Also read article on how to Fix Windows 10/11 Update Error 0x80080008.