This article will guide you on how to Reset the Fire TV Remote Control? Are you unable to use applications or make adjustments to your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick due to a non-responsive remote? Have any of the buttons on your Fire TV remote stopped working? It is most likely due to the remote’s inability to connect to the Fire TV.
If the issue continues for a lengthy period of time, the Fire TV remote should be reset. In the next section, you’ll discover step-by-step instructions for resetting your Fire TV remote to factory settings.
How to Reset Your Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
The steps for resetting the remote on a Fire TV or Fire TV Stick differ based on the brand or edition of the streaming device. This part will describe to you how to reset the remote on all Fire TV models.
If you don’t know what version of Fire TV you have, check at the device’s box or the paper (such as the User Guide) that came with it. Last but not least, the remote you wish to reset should be within 10 feet of the Fire TV.
Reset the Fire TV remote control
If you have the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick Basic Edition, the remote should look like the one in the image below. Here’s how to re-reset the remote:
1. Press and hold the Home button for a few seconds.
2. Press the Menu button three times without releasing the Home button.
3. Press the Menu button nine times after releasing the Home button.
4. Remove the remote’s batteries and unplug your Fire TV Stick from the power source.
5. After at least a minute, reinsert the batteries in the remote and plug the Fire TV Stick into the power socket.
6. Hold the Home button on the remote for 40 seconds after the Fire TV Stick boots to the home screen.
7. Press and wait for the Home button to complete the reset procedure for roughly a minute.
Alexa Voice Remote Reset (1st Generation)
The remote comes included with the first generation Fire TV Stick. The power, mute, and volume buttons are missing. To reset this Fire TV remote, follow the steps below.
1. First, unplug your Fire TV Stick from the power source and wait at least a minute (60 seconds) before attempting to reset the remote.
2. Press and hold the Left and Menu buttons simultaneously for at least 12 seconds.
3. Let go of both buttons and wait at least 5 seconds.
4. Unplug the remote’s batteries.
5. Reconnect your Fire TV Stick to the power source and wait for it to turn on. That will at least take a minute.
6. put the batteries in the remote and press the Home button again.
You’ve successfully reset your Fire TV Stick’s remote (1st Generation).
Alexa Voice Remote Reset (2nd Generation)
The second-generation Fire TV’s remote is the first to include a distinct power button, volume buttons, and mute buttons. If you own this remote, here’s how to reset it to factory settings.
1. Unplug the Fire TV Stick from the power outlet.
2. Hold down the Menu, Left, and Back buttons for 10-15 seconds.
3. Press and wait for all three buttons for at least 5 seconds.
4. Remove the batteries from the remote and plug the Fire TV Stick into the power socket.
5. Wait for the Fire TV Stick to boot to the home screen (this may reinsert a minute or more) before reinserting the remote batteries.
6. Finally, press the Home button to see if your Fire TV Stick detects the remote.
Amazon Alexa may be used to reset the voice remote (3rd Generation)
It is the most advanced Fire TV remote available right now. It has an improved Alexa button, a “Guide” button, and pre-programmed app shortcuts. The steps for resetting this remote are the same as those for resetting the 2nd Gen Fire TV Stick.
Follow the steps below while keeping the remote within 10 feet of your Fire TV Stick.
1. Unplug the Fire TV Stick from the power outlet.
2. Press and hold the Menu, Left, and Back buttons for 10 seconds.
3. Release all three buttons, wait at least 5 seconds, and remove the remote’s batteries.
4. Reconnect the Fire TV Stick to a power source and replace the batteries in the remote.
5. To complete the procedure, press the Home button on the remote.
Amazon Voice Remote Lite Reset
The Alexa remote with the Fire TV Stick Lite has been simplified. Unplug the Fire TV Stick Lite from its power source and follow the steps below to reset this remote.
1. Press and hold the remote’s Menu, Back, and Left buttons for 12-15 seconds.
2. Release all three buttons, wait 5 seconds, and remove the remote’s batteries.
3. Reconnect the Fire TV to a power socket and wait a minute or so.
4. Replace the batteries in the remote and press the Home button to complete the reset.
Is the Fire TV remote still not working? Try These Out
If your Fire TV remote batteries are low, they can occasionally malfunction. If a reset does not address the problem, replace the batteries in the Fire TV remote with a new pair of AAA alkaline batteries.
Another reason for remote failure and pairing troubles is physical damage. Dropping your Fire TV remote regularly, as well as exposing it to liquid, may destroy it. If the remote still doesn’t function properly after replacing the batteries, you may need to buy a new Fire TV remote. Also check article on how to Download and Watch Movies on Amazon Firestick.