This article is about how to a vcruntime140 dll is Missing Error on Windows-10-11? The missing DLL error on your Windows PC is usually a sign that something must have gone wrong. For example, it’s possible that your software is corrupted and has to be reinstalled, or it might be a sign of something more seriously wrong with your computers, such as faulty system files or persistent malware infection. This is how to fix if Windows C Drive Full no reason.
However, missing or corrupted software libraries that allow programs to run on Windows are another important reason. For example, a “vcruntime140.dll is missing” error indicates that the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime installation is missing or corrupted. Here’s what you’ll need to do to fix this issue.
Repairing or removing a Microsoft Visual C++ Installation
How to repair Windows error if vcruntime140.dll not found? The File named vcruntime140.dll is a part of Microsoft’s Visual C++ software runtime library. This Microsoft-provided library is used as part of compiling software (written in C++ using Visual Studio) to run on Windows PCs. If the file is missing, the error “vcruntime140.dll is missing” will be shown.
The first step in resolving this problem is to repair the Visual C++ installation on your computer. If it doesn’t work, you should remove it entirely by following these steps, then proceed to the next section to reinstall it.
1. To repair a Visual C++ installation, go to the Settings menu. To do so, right-click the Windows Start button and select Settings.
2. Select Apps > Apps & Features from the Settings menu. A list of installed apps may be found on the left. Scroll through the list or use the search box to locate the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable option. Proceed to the next section if it is missing.
3. If the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable option is offered, select it, then select the Modify option.
4. Select the Repair option in the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable box that appears to fix vcruntime140.dll not found error.
5. Wait for the process to restart before restarting your computer. If the “vcruntime140.dll is missing” error persists, you must remove and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime. In the Settings > Apps > Apps & features menu, select Uninstall > Uninstall.
6. In the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable window that appears, select the Uninstall option and wait for the process to finish. When it’s completed, restart your computer and move on to the next section.
Microsoft Visual C++ Installation (Installing or Reinstalling)
Software that relies on the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library will not function without it; thus, you must install it. You’ll also be required to do this if you have already deleted a corrupted installation.
1. To begin, go to the Visual Studio website and download the most recent version of the software runtime library. Then, to examine the available alternatives, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the Other Tools, Frameworks, and Redistributables category. Next, select the appropriate CPU architecture for your PC (for example, x64 for 64-bit PCs, x86 for 32-bit PCs, or ARM64 for ARM-based devices), then select the Download button.
2. Wait for the download to complete, run the installation file (VC redist.x64.exe). Accept the licensing conditions by checking the box provided in the installer window, then select the Install option to proceed.
3. Give the installation a few seconds to finish. Then, if it installs without any issues, select the Close option to close the window and restart your computer.
It should resolve the “vcruntime140.dll is missing” error on Windows 10 PCs for most customers. However, if the software you’re using requires an earlier version of the Visual C++ runtime (before 2015), you’ll need to download and install that version instead.
You may also fix the issue by removing and reinstalling software that includes an older version of the Visual C++ runtime installation. It is prevalent in more extensive software packages, such as games, where many runtime libraries are required for proper operation.
When you reinstall the software linked to an older Visual C++ runtime installation, the precise version of that library necessary to run the software should automatically reinstall and resolve any remaining issues.
Installing Windows Update
Microsoft Visual C++ runtime, like other essential Windows services, receives security updates via Windows Update. So if you’re getting a “vcruntime140.dll is missing” error, you should check for any recent updates using the Windows Update service.
While this is unlikely to repair a faulty installation, installing fresh updates may automatically repair your installation. In the Settings menu, you may check for new system updates.
1. To get to this, right-click the Start button and select Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, choose Update & Security, then Windows Update in the following menu.
3. Click the Check for Updates option to look for new updates. If there are any outstanding updates, choose Restart now instead. Check here to Fix Windows 10/11 Update Error 0x80080008.
Windows will check for and install any presently outstanding updates. Once installed, you must restart your computer to ensure that they have been appropriately implemented. After that, you should check your software to determine if the missing runtime issue has been rectified.
Online DLL File Download
If you start seeing error messages like “vcruntime140.dll is missing,” you might be tempted to look for the file online to fix it. However, several DLL download sites are available, allowing you to download the missing file to resolve the issue rapidly.
However, we urge that you avoid sites like this. DLL files are essential components of the Windows operating system that allow the software to interface with more limited Windows components. Therefore, unless you have complete confidence in the source, it’s typically a better idea to remove and reinstall the whole Visual C++ runtime library.
Most customers should resolve the issue with this, but if you’re still experiencing problems, you might source the file from another PC on your network as a final option.
Keeping Windows 10 Up to Date
The steps outlined above should fix you in resolving a “vcruntime140.dll is missing” error on your Windows 10 PC. In most circumstances, repairing the installation or reinstalling the Visual C++ redistributable should fix the issue, but you may also need to consider removing and reinstalling any impacted software.
A missing DLL file is typically a sign of a problem with a PC, which is why it’s critical to stay up with routine PC maintenance. It may be accomplished by keeping Windows updated to ensure you have the most recent bug patches, as well as conducting frequent malware scans to remove malware that may put your PC in danger. This is our article on how to fix vcruntime140.dll is Missing error on Windows 11/10. Hope you will fixed this issue using this guide. Also read article on how to Recover Deleted Recovery Partition in Windows 10/11.